Google
 

SBF - Voice of India

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Thursday 21 June, 2007

Day 2 - Learning Malayalam Language

Whoa Guys! This language has so many letters. On first look, it looks all the same.

Today, I learnt all the consonants. I hope I can remember them!

Generally, when a child learns malayalam language, he begins with Rra( ).
The reason being, Rra being the most easy and basic letter to draw for beginners.

But since i have already learnt Hindi / Marathi (Devnagari script), I found it easier to learn Malayalam letters from Ka Kha Ga Gha series.

I purposely avoided vowels as they are too complex to begin with.

These are the consonants.


ക ഖ ഗ ഘ ങ (Ka Kha Ga Gha Nga)

ച ഛ ജ ഝ ഞ
(Cha Chha Ja Jha Nja)

ട ഠ ഡ ഢ ണ
(Tta Ttha Dda Ddha Nna)

ത ഥ ദ ധ ന
(Ta Tha Da Dha Na)

പ ഫ ബ ഭ മ
(Pa Pha Ba Bha Ma)

യ ര ല വ ശ ഷ സ ഹ
(Ya Ra La Va Ssa Sha Sa Ha)

ള ഴ റ
( La [eg. Tilak] Zha [eg. Allapuzha] Rra)
But thats not the end. My next post will be my Modus Operandi to remember letters and write( initially it is drawing! )them properly.

Also I will give you excellent links for online help in this matter.

Do leave your comments


My other posts
Motorola L7
Ant n Grasshopper story retold

1 comment:

-B- said...

aaha! Appreciating your effort :)All the very best dude. Post ur progress regularly :)

prashant maxsteel. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr


Contact Me Credits Sitemap Partner Links

This site is best viewed in Firefox,Opera,Safari Browsers at 1024x768 resolution.

Statcounter